Registration open for the annual cooking competition you can register for the event
on or before 05-10-2018, Friday.
The competition is held at two levels.
- I Semester students only
- One main course with an accompaniment
- Duration 1.5 hrs
- III, V & VII Semester students
- Plan a three-course menu table d’hote menu of any cuisine, with appropriate accompaniments and garnish.
- Prepare the costing and price the menu with 40% profit.
- Duration of the event 2.5 hours ( Two hours for preparation; thirty minutes for cleaning and presentation.)
Details of the events:
- All the ingredients for the menu have to brought by the contestants.
- The required presentation kit has to be brought by the contestants.
- Cooking equipment available at the college lab shall be provided to the contestants.
- All the mis-en-place shall be done at the venue of the competition only.
- Maximum time allotted for preparation, cleaning, and presentation of the menu for elementary level is 1.5 hrs. 1:00 pm –2:30 pm
- Maximum time allotted for preparation, cleaning, and presentation of the menu for the advanced level is 2.5 hrs. 1:00 pm – 3:30 pm
- Three-course menu to be prepared at the advanced level with appropriate accompaniments and garnishes. Two hours for preparation and thirty minutes for cleaning and presentation
- Elementary level candidates have to prepare a single dish with appropriate accompaniments and garnish. One hour for preparation and thirty minutes for cleaning and presentation.
|Criteria||Points||Skill Set Evaluated|
|Menu balance||10||Planning Skills|
|Costing of the menu||10|
|The practicality of the menu||05|
|Cleanliness of work area||10|
Planning Skills Explained:
Menu balance – The menu should be balanced in terms of colour, texture, and ingredients used.
Costing & Practicality of the menu – You are preparing a table d’hote menu, you need to find the food cost as well as find the selling price of the menu if the desired profit is 40%
Sample intending and costing format
|Name of the Dishes:|
|The number of portions:|
|Sl No||Ingredient||Menu I||Menu II||Menu III||Total||Rate||Amount|
Cost per portion =
Selling Price @ 40 % Profit =
The menu and costing should be submitted on : 08-10-2018, Monday.